- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cola and Ketchup Marinated Barbecue Spare Ribs Recipe Video
|Pork spare ribs||5 Pound|
|Chilli sauce||12 Ounce|
|Dry mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coca cola||16 Ounce|
|Black pepper||2 Tablespoon, freshly ground|
Calories 2260 Calories from Fat 1209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 135 g207.7%
Saturated Fat 50.6 g253.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 440 mg146.7%
Sodium 3424 mg142.7%
Total Carbohydrates 160 g53.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 153 g
Protein 97 g194.5%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 23.8% Iron 41.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) In a mixing bowl, combine the ketchup,cola, chilli sauce, mustard, cayenne, brown sugar and black pepper. Mix thoroughly.
3) Pour the marinade over the meat, cover and let it marinate for about 2-4 hours inside the refrigerator.
4) Save the marinade in a black iron pan and place the pan over direct heat. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes by bringing to a boil.
5) Meanwihle, sprinkle some pepper rub on the meat on both sides.
6) Place the rib on the indirect heat area and barbecue for 4 hours at 250-300F temperature by covering with lid.
7) Add some wood to give a smokey flavor to the ribs within an hour of cooking. Baste meat with saved sauce after 2 hours of cooking.
8) Store some amount of sauce in a bowl and add precooked beans to the remaining. Place over direct heat. Cover and cook for remaining hours.
9) Transfer the rib on a wooden platform and cut in pieces.
10) Serve by spreading the stored sauce. Add macaroni salad, baked potato and barbecued beans on side.
This video is a creation of BarbecueWeb. You can visit BarbecueWeb for complete recipes, and more videos.