- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cola and Ketchup Marinated Barbecue Spare Ribs Recipe Video
|Pork spare ribs||5 Pound|
|Chilli sauce||12 Ounce|
|Dry mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coca cola||16 Ounce|
|Black pepper||2 Tablespoon, freshly ground|
Calories 1825 Calories from Fat 698
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120.2%
Saturated Fat 26.9 g134.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 340.3 mg
Sodium 3232.1 mg134.7%
Total Carbohydrates 160 g53.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 153 g
Protein 117 g233.3%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 35.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) In a mixing bowl, combine the ketchup,cola, chilli sauce, mustard, cayenne, brown sugar and black pepper. Mix thoroughly.
3) Pour the marinade over the meat, cover and let it marinate for about 2-4 hours inside the refrigerator.
4) Save the marinade in a black iron pan and place the pan over direct heat. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes by bringing to a boil.
5) Meanwihle, sprinkle some pepper rub on the meat on both sides.
6) Place the rib on the indirect heat area and barbecue for 4 hours at 250-300F temperature by covering with lid.
7) Add some wood to give a smokey flavor to the ribs within an hour of cooking. Baste meat with saved sauce after 2 hours of cooking.
8) Store some amount of sauce in a bowl and add precooked beans to the remaining. Place over direct heat. Cover and cook for remaining hours.
9) Transfer the rib on a wooden platform and cut in pieces.
10) Serve by spreading the stored sauce. Add macaroni salad, baked potato and barbecued beans on side.
This video is a creation of BarbecueWeb. You can visit BarbecueWeb for complete recipes, and more videos.