- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Once a Week Kitchen - Coffee & Walnut Cake Recipe Video
|Golden caster sugar||3 Ounce|
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Boiling water||3 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Teaspoon (for dusting)|
|Walnut||4 Ounce, crushed|
|Smooth butter cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 489 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g43.9%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 79.3 mg26.4%
Sodium 368.7 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.8%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 0.46%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Mix coffee with boiling water, set aside.
3. Grease 2 round 7.5 inch baking tins with margarine and dust with flour.
4. In a large bowl, place egg white, margarine and sugar, using an electric beater, beat until the mixture turns fluffy. Add in the egg yolks, one at a time, beating continuously.
5. Sift in the flour to the egg mixture. Using a spoon gently fold the flour in. Add the coffee mixture and mix.
6. To both the prepared tins, place equal amount of batter and spread evenly. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
7. Place 1 cake inverted on a high surface, spread cream over it, cap with the other cake. spread the cream over the sides.
8. Roll the sides onto the crushed walnuts, Transfer carefully to a plate. Spread the cream on top surface on the cake.
9. Place the remaining cream into a icing bag, and make swirls all around the edge. Place walnut halves over each swirl. Sprinkle some leftover crushed walnut at the center.
10. Refrigerate for at least an hour and serve.