- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coffee Souffle Mould Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strong coffee||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), cooled|
|Creamed cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilled whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), whipped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2525 Calories from Fat 1574
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 175 g269.1%
Saturated Fat 103.4 g517.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1047.9 mg
Sodium 1727.9 mg72%
Total Carbohydrates 164 g54.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 140.4 g
Protein 73 g147%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.3% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine the gelatin and 2/3 cup sugar in a saucepan; mix well. Stir in 1 cup of the cooled coffee. Stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Stir in remaining coffee.
3. Chill until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, force cottage cheese through a food mill or sieve into a bowl. Blend in vanilla extract, salt, and egg yolks.
5. When coffee gelatin is of desired consistency, add gradually to the cottage cheese mixture, beating until well blended. Fold in whipped cream.
6. Beat egg whites until frothy; gradually add 1/4, cup sugar, beating constantly until stiff peaks are formed. Spread egg whites over cottage cheese mixture and gently fold together until well blended.
7. Chill until mixture is very thick and piles softly when spooned out.
8. Spoon into souffle dish and gently level with back of spoon. Garnish top with grated unsweetened chocolate. Chill until firm (about 6 hours).