- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coffee Praline Pudding Recipe
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant coffee powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Slightly dry white bread slices||6 , cut into 1/4 inch cubes|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.8%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.5 mg
Sodium 280 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 41.5 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 0.21%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the milk with the granulated sugar, instant coffee and 3 tablespoons of the margarine or butter till the butter has melted.
3) In a greased 6-cups baking dish, put the breadcrumbs and pour the mixture all over them. Allow to stand for about 10 minutes and beat with a fork to blend well.
4) In a small bowl, slightly beat the eggs with salt, cinnamon and vanilla and pour the mixture all over the bread mixture. Blend well.
5) Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour or till a knife inserted in the center emerges clean. Remove from the oven. Turn heat to broil.
6) In a small frying pan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter and add the brown sugar, cream and walnuts. Stir well and drop by small spoonfuls on top of the freshly cooked hot pudding.
7) Broil for about 2 to 3 minutes, 4 to 6 inches away from the heat source, till the topping starts to bubble.
8) Serve cold or warm, as preferred.