- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coffee Nut Flavored Mousse Recipe
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Coffee flavored liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hazelnut flavored liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Teaspoon|
|Half and half||2 Tablespoon (Blend Of Milk And Cream)|
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 214.3 mg
Sodium 77 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 0.11%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In top half of double boiler, add egg yolks and sugar to combine over medium heat by continuous stirring constantly with a wire whisk, until the mixture turns thick and lemon colored, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
2) In 1-cup liquid measure add liqueurs to combine.
3) Sprinkle gelatin over liqueurs and allow soften.
4) Pour in the liqueur mixture into yolk mixture.
5) Keep on stirring to cook until gelatin is completely dissolved.
6) Add half-and-half and, continue to stir for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is thoroughly heated.
7) In a large mixing bowl, transfer the mixture and set aside.
8) In another large mixing bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixture at high speed until stiff but not dry.
9) Fold the beaten egg white into the yolk mixture until thoroughly combined.
10) Use 4 dessert dishes to pour 1/4 of mousse mixture.
11) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
12) Serve the mousse by adding your choice of topping, if desired.