- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
|Coffee||4 Ounce, ground|
|20% light cream||1 Quart|
|Granulated sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||10 , beaten|
Calories 518 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.1%
Saturated Fat 19.7 g98.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 290.1 mg
Sodium 39.6 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 50.1 g
Protein 4 g8.9%
Vitamin A 23.5% Vitamin C 0.95%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, combine the cream and coffee and let stand covered for 15 minutes.
2. In a large saucepan, add remaining cream and place on a medium low flame.
3. Bring the cream to a boil and then stir in the sugar. Heat until sugar melts.
4. Take pan off the heat and spoon some of the hot cream into the egg yolks and blend well.
5. Pour the egg yolks into the hot cream, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
6. Strain the coffee-cream mixture through a fine mesh nylon sieve.
7. Blend into the custard.
8. Pour mixture into freezer friendly container or spoon into refrigerator trays and freeze until set and ready to serve.
9. Scoop and serve in ice-cream coupes, sherbet glasses or dessert bowls.