- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coffee Crown Cake Recipe
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon (2 Packages)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Biscuit mix||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Ground cardamom||1 Teaspoon|
|Candied orange peel||4 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For syrup glaze|
|Syrup glaze||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|10x confectioners' powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Confectioners Sugar)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2995 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 439.9 mg
Sodium 1253.6 mg52.2%
Total Carbohydrates 699 g233.1%
Dietary Fiber 39.5 g157.9%
Sugars 275.3 g
Protein 27 g54.8%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 263.3%
Calcium 172.5% Iron 151.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan, scald milk adding sugar over moderate heat. Allow to cool till lukewarm
2. In a very large bowl, add moderately hot water and dissolve the yeast completely. Add the cool milk mixture along with the beaten eggs
3. Slowly beat in 2 cups of biscuit mix, adding cardamom, raisins and orange peel . Reserve a spoon of orange peel for later use. Continuously beat in vigorous strokes till the dough is smooth and elastic. This will make the bake light and airy when baked.
4. Cover the bowl with a clean towel. Store in a warm place and allow dough to rise for 1 hour or until double in bulk.
5. After the dough has rise, punch the center and knead again for 10 - 15 minutes.
6. Grease a 10-cup tube mold or 9-inch tube pan. Pour the dough into the mold.
7. Cover again with a clean towel and place in a warm place for 1 hour until the dough form double in bulk
8. In an oven heated at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit, bake for 30 minutes until golden brown coating forms on the surface.
9. Once done, allow the cake to cool on the kitchen counter or wire rack for 10 minutes. Overturn and place on a serving tray. Glaze with sugar-water syrup and cool again. To make sugar-water glaze, add warm water to 10 x sugar and stir
10. Decorate with orange peel (Reserved) and raisins.
11. Serve for dinner or lunch and decorate with fruits such as strawberries or cherries.
12. A scoop of ice-cream on the side will also enhance the flavor.
13. Serve as an accompaniment with a hot pot of coffee for breakfast or tea time