- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coffee Cream Recipe
|Lard||2 Ounce, softened (50 Gram, Plus 10 Milliliter To Grease Tins)|
|Lard||10 Milliliter (To Grease Tins, 2 Teaspoon)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Syrup||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
|Instant coffee||5 Milliliter, dissolved in a few drops of boiling water (1 Teaspoon)|
|Boiling water||2 Drop (For Dissolving The Instant Coffee)|
|Self-raising flour||8 Ounce, sifted (225 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, softened (50 Gram)|
|Icing sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
Calories 82 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.1%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.4 mg
Sodium 130.7 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.82%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 0.95 g1.9%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.7% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Let the oven heat to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4) and grease 2 baking trays.
2. Cream the lard and sugar together until soft and fluffy.
3. Put in the syrup and beat the mixture well.
4. Put in the egg and the coffee and beat again, using a fork.
5. Combine the flour and salt to form a stiff dough.
6. Knead the dough for a few minutes in the bowl until smooth.
7. Distribute the dough into 28—30 pieces and roll each between the palms of your hands to form a ball.
8. On the prepared trays place the balls, spaced well apart, and press each down with the prongs of a fork, making a pattern.
9. Let the biscuits bake for 10-15 minutes until brown and firm.
10. Take out of the oven and leave to cool on the tray for 2—3 minutes before lifting on to a wire rack to cool completely.
11. For the filling, mix all the ingredients together and beat until smooth.
12. Use to sandwich the biscuits together.