- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coffee Cream Mold Recipe
|Cold water||4 Tablespoon|
|Gelatin||2 Tablespoon (Leveled), powdered|
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce|
|Coffee concentrate||2 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Grated chocolate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 341 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.4 mg
Sodium 34.2 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 24.7 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 8.3% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grate the chocolate for garnish.
2) In a basin, measure the water, sprinkle in the gelatine and set aside to soak for 5 minutes.
3) In a saucepan, heat the milk over low heat until almost boiling.
4) Using a wooden spoon, cream the egg yolks and sugar in a basin until light.
5) Slowly add the hot milk, blend well and then strain the milk back into the saucepan.
6) Add the cake of soaked gelatine and stir over low heat just long enough to dissolve the gelatine.
7) Do not boil the mixture.
8) Remove the pan from heat and pour into a basin.
8) Add the coffee concentrate and set aside, stirring occasionally until the mixture is cold and beginning to thicken.
9) In a separate basin, whisk the cream until thick, then gradually whisk in the coffee mixture.
10) Blend well and then pour into a 1 1/2-pint (scant 1-litre) mould, or into a glass serving dish.
11) Set aside in a cool place until the mould has set firm.
12) With a knife, loosen the rim of the mould, then dip in water (hot as the hand can bear) for a few seconds and turn out on to a serving plate.
Decorate the dessert with grated chocolate and serve with single cream.