- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coffee Cream and Walnut Cupcakes Recipe
|Butter||4 Ounce, well softened (100 Gram)|
|Light muscovado sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram, Plus 2 Tablespoon For Topping)|
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Instant coffee||2 Teaspoon, mixed with 100 ml/ 3 1/2 fl oz boiling water, then cooled|
|Walnut halves||1 Ounce, chopped (25 Gram, Plus 12 More For The Tops)|
|Mascarpone||200 Milliliter (Tub, You'Ll Find This With The Soft Cheeses)|
Calories 717 Calories from Fat 470
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82%
Saturated Fat 28.2 g140.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 230.2 mg
Sodium 426.6 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 28.8 g
Protein 11 g21.6%
Vitamin A 29% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set your oven to preheat at 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Prepare a shelf in the middle of the oven.
2) Use a 12-hole bun tin to line with fairy cake cases.
3) In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, flour and eggs with 4 teaspoons of coffee and a pinch of salt to beat until creamy. Fold in chopped walnuts.
4) Spoon the batter into the cases evenly. Place this inside oven.
5) In a large bowl, beat mascarpone with 3 teaspoons coffee and sugar. Set it aside.
6) Bake this for 18-20 minutes until the cake turns light golden and springy.
7) Let it cool inside the oven for a few minutes.
8) Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
9) Spread a dollop of coffee cream to top each cake.
10) Place a walnut half on top of each cake before serving.