- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coffee Cheesecake Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce, cut into small pieces (50 Gram)|
|Gingernut biscuits||6 Ounce, finely crushed (175 Gram)|
|Gelatin||15 Milliliter (1 Level Tablespoon)|
|Instant coffee granules||4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Coffee flavored liqueur||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Soft light brown sugar||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Full fat soft cheese||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Coffee beans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (To Decorate)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4032 Calories from Fat 2176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 245 g377.1%
Saturated Fat 159.2 g795.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 673.4 mg
Sodium 2312 mg96.3%
Total Carbohydrates 319 g106.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 242.5 g
Protein 106 g211.7%
Vitamin A 122.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 81.1% Iron 52%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place the butter in a medium ovenproof bowl and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until melted. Stir in the biscuit crumbs and mix together well.
3. Press the crumb mixture firmly into the base of the prepared tin. Leave it in the refrigerator to chill while making the filling.
4. In an ovenproof glass bowl, sprinkle the gelatine on to 45 ml (3 tbsp) water. Leave for 2 minutes to soak, then microwave on HIGH for 30-50 seconds or until dissolved, stirring frequently.
5. Mix the instant coffee, coffee liqueur and sugar with 300 ml (1/2 pint) water and microwave on HIGH for 1—2 minutes or until the coffee and sugar have dissolved. Stir in the gelatine mixture.
6. Place the coffee and gelatine mixture in a blender or food processor with the cheese and blend until smooth.
7. Lightly whip the cream and fold half of it into the cheese mixture.
8. Pour on top of the biscuit base. Chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours until set.
9. Remove from the tin and decorate with the remaining cream and the coffee beans.