- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coffee Cake with Maple Syrup Glaze Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), at room tempreture (For the Cake)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg||3 Large (For the Cake)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the Cake)|
|Sour cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (For the Cake)|
|Plain flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (For the Cake)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (For the Cake)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the Cake)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For the Streusel Topping)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the Streusel Topping)|
|Cold butter||4 Tablespoon, cut in cubes|
|For maple syrup glaze|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For the Glaze)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For the Glaze)|
Calories 922 Calories from Fat 452
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79.2%
Saturated Fat 31.3 g156.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 208.6 mg
Sodium 476.5 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g36.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 64.6 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 31.7% Vitamin C 0.71%
Calcium 19% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350*F
2. Line the bottom of a 10” spring form pan with parchment paper and spray the sides and bottom with non-stick spray.
For the cake
3. In a bowl cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer, until smooth.
3. Add in the eggs, and vanilla, mix lightly, add in sour cream, mix until smooth.
4. Put in baking soda, baking powder, plain flour and salt, mix until well-incorporated and smooth, set aside.
For the Streusel
5. In a bowl put together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and butter.
6. With your fingers and pinch the butter into the mixture until it forms a crumble and grainy in texture.
7. In a spring form pan, put half of the cake batter, flatten and spread it with a spatula.
8. Sprinkle and spread 3/4 of the streusel, cover the cake batter.
9. Put the remaining half of the cake batter and spread it evenly.
10. Sprinkle rest of the streusel over the batter.
11. Bake in the oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in the middle and it comes out clean.
12. Remove the cake out of the oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
13. Take the cake out of the pan and allow to cool completely.
14. In a small bowl, add together powdered sugar and maple syrup and mix until well combined.
15. Drizzle the glaze with a fork or spoon, over the cake.
16. Slice, and serve with coffee, tea or milk, if desired.