- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coffee Bavarian Cream Recipe
|Skim milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (2 envelopes)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), divided|
|Decaffeinated instant coffee||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 846 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 483.1 mg
Sodium 686.8 mg28.6%
Total Carbohydrates 136 g45.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.8%
Sugars 134.9 g
Protein 53 g106.1%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 115% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the top of a double boiler, combine skim milk and egg yolks and beat well.
2) Sprinkle gelatin over the mix and allow to soften.
3) Mix in 2 tablespoons of the honey and coffee, set over hot, not boiling, water.
4) Till the gelatin dissolves keep stirring and cooking the mix.
5) Take off from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
6) Without allowing the mix to set, chill for a maximum of 30 minutes till the mix sets.
7) Beat lightly till smooth.
8) In a bowl, beat egg whites till fluffy.
9) Add in the cream of tartar and drizzle in the remaining honey.
10) Beat till the mix forms stiff peaks.
11) Gently fold in the egg whites into the gelatin mix.
12) In a chilled bowl, add evaporated skim milk, whip to the consistency of whipped cream and fold into the gelatin mixture.
13) Turn out the mix into a wet 8-cup mold and chill till set.
14) Turn out the mix and decorate with orange sections.