- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Codfish and Potato Casserole Recipe
|Frozen potato patties||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Salted codfish||1⁄4 Pound (Freshened)|
|Finely chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1458 Calories from Fat 917
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g159.7%
Saturated Fat 54.1 g270.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 359.4 mg119.8%
Sodium 6685.9 mg278.6%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 41 g82.1%
Vitamin A 56.1% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 29.8% Iron 0.77%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Freshen the salted codfish, by placing under cold running water for 5 minutes.
3) Cover with cold water and let stand overnight.
4) Drain the water and flake.
5) In a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole, place the potato patties.
6) Place the codfish and add the onion.
7) Pour in cream and dot with butter.
8) Cover with a lid and place inside oven to bake for 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender, stirring with a fork to break up potato patties after 15 and 45 minutes of baking.
9) Before serving, garnish with slices of canned cranberry sauce cut in shape of fish, if desired.