- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cod With Herbed Potatoes Recipe
|Red potatoes||12 Small, steamed|
|Cod fillets||1 Pound|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, cut into 8 wedges each|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Minced fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 289 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.5%
Saturated Fat 0.57 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg
Sodium 313.5 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 25 g50.8%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 90.9%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with oil.
3) Cut the potatoes into quarters or eighths, depending on the size.
4) Place the cod in the center of the baking dish.
5) Surround with the potatoes.
6) Arrange the tomatoes on top of the potatoes.
7) In skillet, heat the remaining oil and sautÃ© the onions, lemon juice, water, garlic, bay leaf, salt and saffron.
8) Simmer, until the onions are sort, about 7 minutes.
9) Spoon the onions and any liquid over the fish.
10) Cover the dish with foil.
11) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
12) Discard the bay leaf.
13) Place the fish and potatoes carefully on the serving plate and sprinkle with the parsley.