- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cod With Ginger Grapefruit Recipe
|Grapefruit juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cod/Halibut / orange roughy fillets||1 Pound|
|Tomato||1 , sliced|
|Grapefruit||1 , segmented|
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.9%
Saturated Fat 0.53 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.5 mg
Sodium 127.2 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 42 g84.8%
Vitamin A 25.3% Vitamin C 155.9%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
2) Spray a baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
3) In a bowl combine grapefruit juice, orange juice, ginger root, orange peel, green onion, garlic and sesame oil.
4) Arrange the cod fillets into the baking dish.
5) Spread the mixture evenly over the cod.
6) Coat both sides of cod by turning into the mixture.
7) Cover with a lid and place into refrigerator for 20 minutes.
8) Remove cover and top cod with tomato slices and grapefruit segments.
9) Spoon sauce over tomatoes.
10) Place inside oven to bake for about 10 minutes until the fish flakes.
11) Serve warm by garnishing with fresh parsley, if you wish.