- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cod with Fennel and Cardamom Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cardamom pods||1 Tablespoon|
|Cod fillets||24 Ounce (4 Thick Fillets Of 175 Gram Or 6 Ounces Each)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 828 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 292.6 mg
Sodium 882 mg36.7%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.7%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 126 g252.8%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 102.4%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 38.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cover and leave to infuse for at least 30 minutes. Stir well before using.
3. Trim the fennel bulb, thinly slice and place in a bowl.
4. Place the cardamom pods in a pestle and mortar and lightly pound to crack the pods.
5. Alternatively place in a polythene bag and pound gently with a rolling pin. Add the crushed cardamom to the fennel slices.
6. Season the fish with salt and pepper and place on to 4 separate 20.5 x 20.5 cm /8 x 8 inch parchment paper squares.
7. Spoon the fennel mixture over the fish and drizzle with the infused oil.
8. Place the parcels on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until cooked. Serve immediately in the paper parcels.