- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cod In A Pot Recipe
|Cod fillets||16 Ounce (Fresh Or Quick Frozen, Four 4 Ounce, 115 Gram Each)|
|Konbu||1 (6 Inch Pieces, Konbu)|
|Spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Regular tofu cakes||20 Ounce (About 10 Ounce, 285 Gram Each)|
|Daikon radish/White radish/turnip||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
|Dried red pepper/1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper||1 Small|
|Green onions||4 , finely chopped|
|For lemon soy dip|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 552 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg16.3%
Sodium 2309.8 mg96.2%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 50 g100.3%
Vitamin A 103.8% Vitamin C 61.6%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 26.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut cod fillets diagonally into slices 1 inch (2 1/2 cm) wide. Soak in cold water while preparing vegetables. Drain and sprinkle cod with sake before arranging on a separate serving platter.
3. Prepare leeks, spinach, and tofu. Artfully arrange on serving platter.
4. Peel daikon radish, stuff with red pepper, and grate. Place grated daikon in bowl and let each diner mix into lemon-soy dip as desired.
5. Mix LEMON-SOY DIP ingredients. Divide sauce among 4 small dipping bowls.
6. Fill cooking vessel two-thirds full of kelp stock (about 4 cups). Bring quickly to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Add enough cod pieces at one time to allow 1 small serving per person. Total cooking time for fish is 5 to 6 minutes. Vegetables are added when fish is nearly done. Each diner transfers his or her own portion to a small bowl containing lemon-soy sauce, adding grated daikon and chopped onion to taste. Replenish fish, vegetables, and kelp stock as needed.