- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Macaroons Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1364 Calories from Fat 340
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.5%
Saturated Fat 35.7 g178.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 411.7 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 242 g80.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.4%
Sugars 208.6 g
Protein 17 g33.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 3% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Take greased heavy brown paper and line baking sheets with them.
1) Take a bowl and beat egg whites in it until stiff peaks begin to form.
2) Gradually add sugar and beat until glossy.
3) Fold in salt, flour, coconut and vanilla.
4) Drop the coconut mixture by teaspoonfuls onto the paper and bake for about 20 minutes.
5) Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
6) Place Coconut Macaroons in a snack dish and serve.