- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Fig Bars Recipe
|Sifted cake flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Shortening||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried figs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2155 Calories from Fat 441
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.9%
Saturated Fat 34.9 g174.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 455.2 mg
Sodium 1339.3 mg55.8%
Total Carbohydrates 408 g135.9%
Dietary Fiber 21.3 g85.4%
Sugars 259.8 g
Protein 32 g63.9%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 46.5% Iron 99.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine and sift flour once.
2) Measure, add baking powder and salt, and sift once more.
3) Slowly add in the sugar to eggs, while beating well.
4) Add in the shortening, then figs, lemon rind, and coconut.
5) Mix well.
6) Add in the flour alternating with water.
7) For a thin, chewy bar, spread the mix in two greased 8x8x2-inch pans.
8) Place in the oven and bake at 325°F for about 35 minutes.
9) Cool and cut in 21/2xl1/4-inch bars.
10) Remove from the pans.
11) Serve as a breakfast item.