- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Bars Recipe
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Graham wafer crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries||10 , cut up|
|Confectionerâs sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||1⁄2 Ounce|
Calories 191 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.4%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.7 mg0.9%
Sodium 72.6 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.4%
Sugars 20.7 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 0.33%
Calcium 2% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a buttered 8 x 12 inch pan and place graham wafers in it.
2) Take a saucepan and combine in it 1/2 cup margarine, brown sugar and 1/2 cup milk. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4) Add walnuts, crumbs, cherries and coconut.
5) Spread mixture over wafers.
6) Take a bowl and blend in it 1 tablespoon milk, 2 tablespoons margarine, vanilla and confectioners' sugar. Spread the mixture on top of the cherry mixture.
7) Melt chocolate and drizzle over top.
8) Let stand overnight.
9) Cut into bars and serve.