- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Wine Filled Cookies Recipe
|Shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Port wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3841 Calories from Fat 1404
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 161 g246.9%
Saturated Fat 64.7 g323.4%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 271.3 mg
Sodium 2089.7 mg87.1%
Total Carbohydrates 544 g181.4%
Dietary Fiber 21.5 g85.8%
Sugars 283.3 g
Protein 46 g92.1%
Vitamin A 18.1% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 40.6% Iron 113.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a food chopper, put coconut and raisins and process well.
3. Put wine, a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon sugar to it.
4. Cook the mixture on low flame until heavy.
5. Keep stirring while cooking.
6. Once thick, let the mixture cool.
7. Blend shortening and sugar to make the mixture light and creamy.
8. Put egg and vanilla and stir well.
9. Sieve flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
10. Put the flour mixture and sour cream one by one to the coconut mixture.
11. Keep stirring.
12. Once the dough is prepared, refrigerate until smooth.
13. Take little quantities of dough; roll it to ¼ inch on a floured board.
14. Shape the dough with the help of 2 ½ inch cookie cutter.
15. Take an ungreased baking sheet, arrange half cookies on it, and top each cookie with 1 teaspoon of coconut mixture.
16. Cover the cookies with the other half.
17. Compress the edges using a fork and bake for 12- 15 minutes.
18. Serve with tea/ coffee.