- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Toast Recipe
|Reduced calorie margarine||2 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded coconut||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Coconut extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Raisin bread slice||2 , toasted|
Calories 148 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.2 mg
Sodium 154.6 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 0.28%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a small saucepan and melt margarine in it over medium heat.
2) Take if off from heat and then stir in milk, coconut, sugar, and extracts to combine.
3) Over 1 side of each slice of toast spread half of mixture, covering entire surface.
4) To a non-stick baking sheet, transfer toast and broil for about 1 minute, 3 inches from heat source until heated.
5) Slice each piece diagonally into 4 triangles and serve at once.