- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Tea Bread Recipe Video
|Sweetened coconut flakes||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), toasted|
|Sweetened coconut flakes||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|1% milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Egg||2 , lightly beaten|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3083 Calories from Fat 1279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147 g226.8%
Saturated Fat 99.7 g498.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 673.3 mg
Sodium 2499.7 mg104.2%
Total Carbohydrates 395 g131.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.5%
Sugars 196.4 g
Protein 49 g97%
Vitamin A 72.6% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 126% Iron 95.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Spray a loaf pan with baking spray, line with a parchment paper, spray again.
3. In a skillet, toast the coconut flakes (1 1/4 Cup) for about 5 to 6 minutes. Until it changes color.
4. In a food processor, place the toasted and untoasted coconut flakes and grind to a powder.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add coconut, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and stir to mix.
6. To the mixture, add milk, butter, eggs, vanilla and almond, mix until no dry ingredients are seen.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake at 350F for 60 minutes.
9. Allow to sit for 10 minutes in the loaf pan and for another 60 minutes when taken out.
10. Slice and serve with tea or coffee.