- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Snowball Cupcakes: Cupcake Show #14 Recipe Video
|Canned cream of coconut||1⁄3 Cup (5.28 tbs), stirred|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, diced|
|Sweetened shredded coconut||8 Ounce (1 cup)|
|For dry ingredients|
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweetened shredded coconut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 479 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.9%
Saturated Fat 19 g95.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.9 mg
Sodium 216.7 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 45.8 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 0.51%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
3. In a measuring cup, put together whole egg, egg whites, cream of coconut, water and vanilla, beat well to combine and set aside.
4. In a mixer bowl, put all the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Add in the butter little at a time, and mix after each addition until the batter forms pea-sized shapes.
6. While still beating, add the egg-cream of coconut mixture into the flour mixture and mix on medium speed, for about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
7. Add in shredded coconut and mix until just combined.
8. Scoop the batter equally in cupcake pan using an ice cream scoop and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes. 10. Lift out cupcakes with a fork and place over a rack to cool completely.
For the Icing
11. In a mixer bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla for about 2 minutes.
12. Put the 1/2 cup of coconut and beat for 2 more minutes.
13. In a bowl, place the 1-1/2 cups of coconut.
14. Spread the icing over the cupcakes and dip each cupcake, upside down, into the coconut, to coat the top completely.
15. Serve as desired.