- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asian Coconut Shrimp Curry Recipe Video
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Green curry paste||4 Teaspoon (Thai green curry paste)|
|Ginger||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, sliced|
|Coconut milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (light)|
|Vegetable||2 Cup (32 tbs), frozen (Asian style stir-fry vegetables)|
|Extra jumbo black tiger shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and uncooked|
|Jasmine rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (fresh)|
Calories 738 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 14.2 g71%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130 mg
Sodium 795.9 mg33.2%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 36 g71.7%
Vitamin A 160.1% Vitamin C 62.1%
Calcium 26.5% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil over a medium-high heat.
2) Add the green curry paste and ginger and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
3) Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened and golden.
4) Stir in the coconut milk, remove from heat and allow to completely cool down.
5) Stir in the frozen vegetables, shrimp and basil and transfer to a resealable plastic bag or container.
6) Cook rice according to package directions and spread on a baking sheet to cool.
7) Transfer the cooked rice in a resealable plastic bag and store with curry in the freezer.
8) In a large non-stick skillet, transfer the curry mixture, cover and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes until the sauce is heated through and the shrimp are pink and opaque.
9) Meanwhile, in a covered microwave-safe bowl, tranfer the cooked rice and heat in a microwave until thoroughly heated.
10) Spoon some rice in the center of a plate, top with the coconut shrimp curry and serve.