- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Carb Coconut Shrimp Recipe Video
|Shrimp||14 Large, peeled and divided|
|Coconut flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened shredded coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 222.8 mg
Sodium 635.9 mg26.5%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.4%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 21 g41.3%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl mix together the coconut flour, black pepper, salt and Cayenne pepper and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl beat the 2 eggs and set aside.
3. In a third bowl mix together the almond flour and the unsweetened coconut.
4. Take the shrimp and dip in the first bowl then the second and lastly the third.
5. Completely bread all the shrimp before frying.
6. Sit shrimp in the refrigerator until you are ready to fry.
7. Deep fry in coconut oil for about 4-5 minutes until the shrimp is no longer pink.
8. Enjoy with the dipping sauce of your choice.