- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Shrimp Recipe Video
|Unsweetened coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Panko bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, peeled, deveined|
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.4 mg57.5%
Sodium 464.5 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 36 g72.9%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Season the shrimp with a pinch of salt and mix well. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, take egg white and beat it till frothy. Set aside.
5. In a bowl, put flour, bread crumbs and coconut. Mix well.
6. Roll the shrimp in egg white and coat with the flour coconut mix generously and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat this with all the shrimps.
7. Bake in the oven for around 10 minutes or till the shrimp is done. Remove from oven and let it sit for 1 minute before serving.
8. In a serving platter, serve the crisp shrimp with Thai hot and sweet dip or with any other dip of your choice.