- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Rolls Recipe
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh yeast/1 level tablespoon dried yeast||1 Ounce|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Desiccated coconut||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (1 Cup Plus 2 Ounce)|
|Egg/1 ounce soya flour||1|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salted water||1⁄4 Pint (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Calories 440 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39%
Saturated Fat 21.7 g108.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg
Sodium 332 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 9 g17%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 0.94%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine water, sugar, yeast (if using dried yeast, mix with sugar first then add the warm water) and one third of the flour.
2) Prepare a batter by stirring and then keep in a warm place for 10 minutes.
3) Add rest of the flour, 1 cup of coconut, egg of soya flour and salt.
4) Use your hand to make a soft dough.
5) Use an un-floured board to knead the dough until it feels firm and less sticky.
6) Make 4 pieces out of the dough and then divide each piece into 8.
7) On an un-floured table, roll each piece into ball, by using the palm. Press hard at first, then lightly roll the dough by cupping fingers around the ball.
8) Dip the rolls in salted water, then in remaining coconut.
9) Use a floured tray to pack the balls 1/2-inch apart. Cover with a polythene sheet and leave on table to rise double size.
10) Place inside hot oven to bake for 15-20 minutes.
11) Serve the rolls with butter.