- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Rice Recipe Video
|Raw jasmine rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (readymade)|
|Green peas||1 Teaspoon, frozen, thawed and boiled|
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.1%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 734.3 mg30.6%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Smear olive oil to the bottom of the cooker bowl to prevent rice from sticking.
2. Add rice along with water, coconut milk and salt into the rice cooker, cover the pot half open, and turn on the cooker.
3. Check for the rice and let it cook accordingly.
4. Once done, add some of the rice into a serving pot.
5. Sprinkle shredded coconut, green peas and serve with bagara baingan or eggplant curry.