- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Pie Crust Recipe
|Softened butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut/3 cups coconut macaroon||8 Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1210 Calories from Fat 1040
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 122 g187.7%
Saturated Fat 96.5 g482.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122 mg
Sodium 51.6 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 20.4 g81.6%
Sugars 14.2 g
Protein 8 g16.1%
Vitamin A 28.4% Vitamin C 12.5%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 30.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat an oven to 300°F.
2. Grease a 9-inch pie pan with baking spray, oil or butter.
1. Use a medium size work bowl.
2. Combine the coconut and butter in the bowl.
3. Using a fork or a pallet knife, mix lightly, bringing together, to resemble cookie batter.
4. Empty batter into greased pie dish.
5. Using a pallet knife or your hand evenly spread the mixture to cover the base and sides of the pan.
6. Using a fork, prick the pastry shell to prevent bubbling.
7. Bake in the prepared oven for 30 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and cool sufficiently before filling tart with desired filling.
9. If storing the crust for later use, re-bake in oven till crisp.