- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Coconut Pancake Recipe Video
|Self-rising flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Caster sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut||1 Tablespoon, desiccated|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||40 Milliliter|
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.8%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.5 mg
Sodium 434.3 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.2%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 0.67%
Calcium 7% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Combine flour, sugar, coconut milk, water and egg together. Blend it for a few seconds until it is smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into a jug and then stir in the desiccated coconut.
3. To prepare the pancakes, heat a non-stick frying pan to medium-low heat, and spray the pan with some oil.
4. Once the pan is hot, pour 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan and twirl the pan a bit so that the mixture evens out nicely, to coat bottom of the pan. Cook it for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side until the pancake turns golden brown.
5. Serve with honey for breakfast or with a mango sorbet as a dessert.
6. Kids would love to bring them along to school for snacking as well.