- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Oatmeal cookies Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking oatmeal||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 670 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.1%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.9 mg
Sodium 321.1 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 55.3 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 0.27%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderately to 350° F (180°C).
2) Take cookie sheets and grease lightly.
3) For the Electric Mixer Method cream butter in a bowl.
4) Beat sugar till fluffy.
5) Beat in egg and vanilla extract till well blended.
6) In a large bowl mix remaining ingredients except water.
7) Blend to the creamed mixture and beat till smooth.
8) Mix water and knead into dough.
9) For the Food Processor Method, begin with creaming butter using the appropriate blade.
10) Beat sugar till fluffy.
11) While the processor is running add egg and vanilla extract and process well.
12) In a large bowl mix remaining ingredients except water.
13) Add the batter to workbowl one half at a time and process.
14) Mix water and pulse to bind dough.
15) On the cookies sheets drop one tablespoons of the batter at a time.
16) Put in preheated oven to bake for 11-14 minutes till firm and golden.
17) Let stand for few minutes on cookie sheets.
18) Place in wire racks and cool.
19) Serve cold.