- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Macaroons: Cookie Jar Recipe Video
|Sweetened coconut||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweetened condensed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , beaten (Stiffly beaten)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
|Semi-sweet chocolate chips||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (60% chocolate chips)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2266 Calories from Fat 1041
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.2%
Saturated Fat 89.8 g449.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52 mg
Sodium 1478.4 mg61.6%
Total Carbohydrates 279 g93.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.5%
Sugars 228 g
Protein 29 g58.3%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 47.3% Iron 26.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine coconut, almond extract, and salt. Mix in condensed milkto form a thick paste. Set aside.
3. Beat egg whites & cream of tartar to stiff peaks. Fold egg whites into coconut mixture.
4. Drop onto parchment lined cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart and bake for about 15minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
5. While the cookies are cooling, In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate in 30 second bursts (15 seconds towards to end) until the chocolate is smooth. Use a dinner fork to drizzle chocolate on cookies.
6. Slide a cooled cookie sheet under the parchment and refrigerate the cookies for 15-20 minutes, until chocolate is set.
7. Serve after they are completely set with your choice of beverages and enjoy!