- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
|Boiling water||375 Milliliter|
|Lemon juice||125 Milliliter|
|Grated lemon rind||1|
|Baked 9 inch pie shell||1|
|Toasted coconut||50 Milliliter|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g63.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.7 mg
Sodium 266.9 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 16.5 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 3 L (12 cup) microwave safe casserole, mix 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) sugar, cornstarch and salt.
2) Pour in boiling water and stir well. Close with lid.
3) Microwave at HIGH for 10 to 12 minutes, or until thickened.
4) Add in a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks and stir well.
5) Pour it back into the hot mixture, beating until well blended.
6) Pour in lemon juice, and add butter and lemon rind.
7) Put it into the pie shell; keep aside.
8) In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, gradually add remaining sugar and beat until stiff.
9) Transfer the meringue over filling evenly, making sure it touches crust all around.
10) Scatter coconut on top.
11) Microwave at HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes, or until meringue is set.
12) Allow it to cool completely.
13) Serve warm or serve chilled.