- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Layer Cake Recipe
|Sifted cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter stick/Margarine||2 , softened (1 Cup)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fluffy 7 minute frosting||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
Calories 1521 Calories from Fat 645
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114%
Saturated Fat 33.9 g169.3%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 216.1 mg
Sodium 595 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 203 g67.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.6%
Sugars 122.4 g
Protein 17 g33%
Vitamin A 45.3% Vitamin C 0.71%
Calcium 30.5% Iron 48.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
3. Beat softened butter or margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with electric mixer at high speed, 3 minutes.
4. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk, at low speed with electric mixer. Scrape side of bowl with rubber scraper after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pans.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 30 minutes, or until centers spring back when lightly touched with fingertip.
6. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; loosen around edges with a knife; turn out onto wire racks; cool completely.
7. Spread lemon filling between layers. Frost side and top with fluffy 7-minute frosting. Sprinkle generously with coconut.