- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Ice Cream Cake Recipe
|Orange chiffon cake mix||18 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Strawberry ice cream||2 Pint|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon, powdered|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop (Few Drops)|
|Flaked coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.6%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.4 mg
Sodium 481.8 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.6%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 54.8 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.2%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 10-inch tube pan prepare and bake the cake mix and cool, as per label directions.
2. Remove the cake from the pan and wash the pan.
3. Make 3 even layer slices crosswise out of the cake, return top layer to pan and set middle layer aside.
4. Reserve the remaining cake for another dessert or a snacktime treat.
5. In the pan over the cake spoon ice cream in an even layer and top with the remaining cake layer.
6. Using foil cover the pan and freeze for 24 hours such that very firm.
7. In a small bowl beat cream, 10X sugar and vanilla until stiff for about 2 hours and fold in a few drops red food coloring to tint delicate pink.
8. Onto chilled serving plate unmold the cake, frost with whipped cream, sprinkle top and side with coconut and place in the freezer until serving time.
9. With a sharp long-blade knife slice into wedges, wrap any remaining cake in foil and store in freezer.