- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Ice Cream Cake Recipe
|Angel food cake mix||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Strawberry ice cream||2 Pint|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Red food coloring||1 Teaspoon (Few Drops)|
|Flaked coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3830 Calories from Fat 1125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 130 g199.9%
Saturated Fat 91.8 g458.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 328.8 mg
Sodium 4026.1 mg167.8%
Total Carbohydrates 603 g201%
Dietary Fiber 31.7 g126.9%
Sugars 462.5 g
Protein 70 g140.8%
Vitamin A 70.6% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 60.8% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Slice cake crosswise into 3 even layers; return top layer to pan. (Set middle layer aside for another dessert or a snack time treat.)
3. Spoon ice cream in an even layer over cake in pan; top with remaining cake layer. Cover pan with aluminum foil; freeze 24 hours, or until very firm.
4. About 2 hours before serving, beat cream, 10X sugar and vanilla until stiff in small bowl of electric mixer at high speed; fold in a few drops red food coloring to tint delicate pink.
5. Unmold cake onto chilled serving plate. Frost with whipped cream; sprinkle top and side with coconut. Return to freezer until serving time.
6. Slice into wedges with a sharp long-blade knife. Wrap any remaining cake in aluminum foil and store in freezer, up to 3 months.