- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Honey Rolls Recipe
|Plain flour||8 Ounce|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Demerara sugar||1 Ounce|
|Clear honey||2 Ounce|
|Desiccated coconut||1 Ounce|
|Clear honey||3 Tablespoon (From Freezer)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (From Freezer)|
Calories 427 Calories from Fat 173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.5%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.1 mg
Sodium 138.8 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 28.7 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F (mark 6).
2) In a basin, sift the flour, baking powder and salt, then add the butter and rub until the mixture has a breadcrumb texture.
3) Stir in the sugar and form a soft dough with the egg and milk.
4) On a floured board, lightly knead the mixture and roll out to an 12 x 6 inch oblong.
5) In a saucepan, melt the butter, stir in the sugar, honey and coconut and evenly spread over the dough.
6) Roll up the dough like a Swiss roll and slice into 12 , then keep the slices on a greased baking tray.
7) Bake in the preheated oven at 400°F (mark 6) for about 20 minutes, until golden. Place on a wire rack to cool.
8) Serve as desired in a nice dish.