- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Granola with Dried Fruits and Nuts Recipe Video
|Quick oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Silvered almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cashews||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried raspberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried blueberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried pears||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1058 Calories from Fat 545
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.8%
Saturated Fat 24.8 g123.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.5 mg20.2%
Sodium 15.4 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.4%
Sugars 42.6 g
Protein 25 g49.1%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1)Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2) In a big mixing bowl, add oats, cashews, coconut, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and mix them.
3) In a small saucepan, add melted butter and honey, mix them on low heat.
4) Add the honey-butter into oats mixture and toss to coat evenly.
5) Take a cookie sheet and line it with wax paper. Pour the mixture in an even layer.
6) Bake it for 300 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn for even browning and then bake again for 15 minutes.
7) Now, sprinkle dried pear, raspberries and blueberries on the granola.
8) Serve the coconut granola as a healthy snack or breakfast.