- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Ghriba Recipe Video
|Unsweetened coconut||5 3⁄10 Ounce, dried, shredded|
|Semolina/Almond flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||77 Gram, divided (1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon for ducting)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange blossom water||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g63.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg17.6%
Sodium 187.9 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 22.5 g
Protein 5 g9.2%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Cover a baking pan with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients- finely shredded dried coconut, semolina (or almond meal), baking powder, and pinch of salt.
4. In another bowl, Using and egg beater, beat the egg with the sugar until you get a whitish mixture.
5. Add the vanilla extract and continue beating for another 30 seconds.
6. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, and using your hand, mix all the ingredients until well incorporated. Add the vegetable oil.
7. Cover the bowl containing the dough with a plastic wrap and let rest on your kitchen counter for 30 minutes.
8. Wet hand with a little bit of orange blossom water (or just water), take some of the coconut dough and make a ball the size of a walnut, roll the dough ball in powdered sugar, pad the coconut ball a bit to flatten in, then place it on the prepared baking pan.
9. Bake the cookie for 10 minutes. Do not over bake or the cookies will become hard when they cool down.
10. Remove cookies from the oven, and let cool down on the baking pan (do not move them, or they would break! the cookies are soft when they are still hot).
11. Let the cookies cool down before moving them to a plate.
12. In a serving plate, arrange the cookies, dust them with powdered sugar and serve with tea, milk or any refreshing beverage.