- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Flake Cookies Recipe
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Other shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Corn flakes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3841 Calories from Fat 1650
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 190 g291.7%
Saturated Fat 126.5 g632.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 785.8 mg
Sodium 2752.7 mg114.7%
Total Carbohydrates 511 g170.3%
Dietary Fiber 17.3 g69.1%
Sugars 288.4 g
Protein 41 g81.4%
Vitamin A 129.4% Vitamin C 36.9%
Calcium 110.8% Iron 187.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together.
3. Blend shortening until creamy and put sugar in little quantities in it and mix well.
4. Put vanilla.
5. Put the flour mixture gradually in the creamed mixture.
6. Blend after every addition.
7. Add cereal and coconut and mix.
8. Take ungreased baking sheet; drop the mixture on it with a teaspoon.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes until brown.
10. Serve in a dish.