- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Dainties Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioner sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sifted|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Tablespoon (As Needed)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Tinted coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Needed)|
Calories 626 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.7%
Saturated Fat 19.7 g98.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.6 mg20.9%
Sodium 47.2 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 38.9 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 0.28%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mix together butter or margarine, 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar, and vanilla. Then, add water and flour. Mix it well.
2) Add nuts and make 1-inch balls. Place the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes. Keep them 1 inch apart.
3) Sift together light cream and confectioner-€™s sugar until spreading consistency.
4) Dip the cookies in sugar mixture and roll in coconut.
6) Serve coconut dainties with tea or coffee.