- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Coconut Custard Pie Recipe
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Crushed toasted coconut/Coconut macaroon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
Calories 382 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.5%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g84.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.5 mg56.2%
Sodium 346 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 37.8 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 0.21%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare a 9-inch flaky pie crust.
2. Pre heat an oven to 450°F
1. In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat milk without bringing it to a boil.
2. Use a medium sized work bowl.
3. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, combine eggs, honey, vanilla and coconut till ingredients are blended.
4. Gradually pour the scalded milk, stirring continuously to prevent the eggs from coagulating.
5. Stain the custard and pour into prepared pie crust
6. Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
7. Decrease the oven temperature to 325°F and continue to bake pie till the custard sets and a knife when inserted in the center of the pie, comes out clean
8. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
9. Garnish with grated coconut and serve warm or chill and serve cold.
10. Slice at the table.