- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Curry Soup with Chicken Recipe Video
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, minced|
|Lemon grass||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coconut milk||18 1⁄2 Ounce (or coconut cream)|
|Homemade chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Kaffir lime leaves||12 Gram, chopped (12)|
|Asian vermicelli||250 Gram, cooked (or 1 packet)|
Calories 768 Calories from Fat 381
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.7%
Saturated Fat 29.3 g146.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.2 mg
Sodium 1005.2 mg41.9%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 19 g38.5%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 43.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, heat canola oil and saute onion, ginger, garlic, and stir for about 8 minutes or until the onions are soft.
2. Add in the lemongrass cook for 2 minutes or until soft.
3. Add in the chicken and stir fry for 1 minute. Add in sambal, curry powder, curry powder, paprika, turmeric, and stir well for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
4. Pour in coconut milk, chicken stock, fish sauce, sugar and kaffir lime leaves. Stir well and bring back to a boil and allow to cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken cooks.
5. Using kitchen scissor, cut the cooked noodles in small pieces.
6. In a soup bowl, place the noodles, and spoon the soup over the noodles.
7. Serve soup hot garnished with coriander sprig and lemon wedge on side.