- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Cupcakes - Gluten Free Recipe Video
|Ground almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chickpea flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Xanthan gum||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canola margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|For the lemon frosting|
|Canola margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extarct||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon zest||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 713 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.4%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.4%
Trans Fat 2.1 g
Cholesterol 106.1 mg
Sodium 383.5 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.6%
Sugars 99.7 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedStand mixer
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Prepare a paper lined muffin tray.
3. In large bowl, combine, ground almonds, chick pea flour, coconut flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Stir to combine ingredients.
4. In stand mixer bowl, beat canola margarine and sugar until fluffy. Gradually beat in egg yolks.
5. Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl, until soft peaks form, set aside.
6. Gently add the dry ingredients into the bowl along with the lemon juice.
7. Fold egg whites into the egg yolk and flour mixture.
8. Transfer mixture to paper lined muffin cups.
9. Bake in oven for 25–30 minutes.
10. Once cooked, remove from muffin cups and cool on wire rack.
11. In the meantime make the lemon frosting, combine canola margarine, icing sugar, milk, vanilla and lemon zest in medium bowl.
12. Beat well until mixture is fluffy.
13. Once the cupcakes are cool enough pipe the lemon frosting over the cupcakes.
14. Serve after a hearty meal.