- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Crusted Tilapia with Apricot Glaze Recipe Video
|For the apricot glaze:|
|Apricot preserves||12 Ounce|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 Medium, juiced|
|Lime||1 Medium, juiced|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|For the tilapia:|
|Tilapia fillets||1 Pound|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Panko bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh cracked pepper||To Taste|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|For the carrots:|
|Baby carrots||1 Bunch (100 gm), cut in half|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slice|
Calories 1041 Calories from Fat 436
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.6%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.9 mg
Sodium 761 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 56.9 g
Protein 33 g66.8%
Vitamin A 85.4% Vitamin C 76.1%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the glaze: In a sauce pot, add apricot preserve, soy sauce, lemon juice, lime juice and red pepper flakes and let it sit warm.
2. For the Tilapia: Mix flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. In another bowl, add eggs and milk and whisk together.
4. In a third bowl, mix panko and coconut.
5. Coat the tilapia with the flour mix.
6. Move no the the egg mix and coat the tilapia.
7. Finally, toss the coated tilapia in the third bowl and coat well.
8. In a pan, add vegetable oil and heat on medium flame.
9. Add the coated tilapia to the pan and cook until all sides are brown.
10. Set aside for a while before serving.
11. For the carrots: In a pan, add sesame oil.
12. Add carrots and saute for 4-5 minutes.
13. Add ginger and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
14. Finally, add the honey, salt, green onions and pepper and mix well together.
15. Plate the tilapia and drizzle apricot glaze over it. Serve with carrots on the side.