- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Cream Pie Recipe Video
|Pie crust||1 Medium (ready made)|
|Whole milk||18 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||4 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||1 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon (or to taste + few drops for whipped cream)|
|Sweetened coconut||2 Ounce, toasted or untoasted|
|Heavy cream||1 Pound (+ 8 ounces)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4315 Calories from Fat 2666
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 302 g464.7%
Saturated Fat 174.4 g872.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1156.4 mg
Sodium 1989.1 mg82.9%
Total Carbohydrates 367 g122.4%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.8%
Sugars 193.9 g
Protein 48 g95.9%
Vitamin A 167.7% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 96.9% Iron 33.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Par bake or blind bake the pie dough, then allow the pie shell to cool down.
2) If desired, after the pie shell cools down, brush a thin layer of white coating chocolate in it. Set aside.
3) In a pan, add the milk and half of the sugar, bring to a boil.
4) In a bowl, whisk rest of the sugar, cornstarch, salt and eggs.
5) When the milk comes to a boil, temper the egg mixture by slowly drizzing it into the milk, while whisking continuously. Remove from heat and whisk in butter until completely melted.
6) Then whisk in the coconut and vanilla extract.
7) When the mixture is still piping hot, pour the mixture into the pie shell and push all the way to the edges of the pie shell.
8) Cover with pastic wrap touching the cream filling, chill in the refrigerator for atleast 1 hour.
9) Whipped Cream : In a mixer bowl, add the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Using a whip attachment whip at a medium to high speed until a desired consistency is reached.
10) Top the Coconut Cream Pie with whipped cream and some toasted coconut, slice and serve.