- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||7 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Minus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs), scalded|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), or flaked|
|9 inch baked pastry shell/Crumb crust||1|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
Calories 667 Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49%
Saturated Fat 18 g90.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.8 mg
Sodium 367.6 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 48.8 g
Protein 14 g27%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 33.8% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Blend together flour, eggs, salt, and sugar and then add scalded milk ensuring to stir constantly.
3) Let the milk boil under low heat, let it simmer for 2 minutes, remove pan from heat, and then vanilla.
4) Cool in room temperature and then add in shredded coconut.
5) Pour the filling in the shell, top with whipped cream, sprinkle coconut.
6) Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Garnish and serve.
Light cream may be used in place of the milk; or part cream and part milk; or, for a rich flavor, use part milk and part evaporated milk.