- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Coconut Cream Pie Recipe Video
|Pie crust||1 (9- inch pie crust)|
|Softened butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded coconut||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Whipped topping||8 Ounce, thawed|
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 295
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.3%
Saturated Fat 23.6 g118.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.9 mg
Sodium 137.3 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 28.9 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, beat egg and slowly stir in milk, sugar, and coconut milk.
2. Add cornstarch and pour the mixture into a large pan.
3. Place the pan on oven over medium heat , stir consistently and cook for 10-15 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
4. After the pudding has cooled, add butter and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
5. Add 1 ½ cup of coconut and mix well.
6. Pour the filling into pie crust and refrigerate for about an hour.
7. While the pie is in refrigerator, toast the remaining coconut for a few minutes.
8. Whip the thawed topping and set aside.
9. Once the pie is set, spread topping over filling and sprinkle toasted coconut on top. Pop it back into the refrigerator until ready to serve.
10. Serve chilled and enjoy!